The fork had remained intact inside his stomach despite lying in a pool of stomach acid for a decade. - Caters News
Apparently one meal didn’t go quite the way Lee Gardner of Cudworth, England, instead of swallowing his food, he swallowed the utensil!
BBC News writes:
Doctors operating on a man who was taken to hospital with stomach pains discovered a 9in long plastic fork that he swallowed a decade ago. Lee Gardner was taken to Barnsley Hospital when he started vomiting blood and having cramps. He said he was told the fork, which he swallowed 10 years ago, would pass through his system naturally so he did not think to mention it to doctors. Surgeon Hanis Shiwani said Mr Gardner was lucky there was not more damage. Mr Gardner, from Cudworth, Barnsley, said: “I can’t believe it. I have never had any problems with my stomach except once a couple of years ago I remember thinking I felt like something had lodged when I bent over awkwardly. “But the advice at the time was that it would just pass through my system, and as that was so many years before I really didn’t think it could be the fork.”
Read more at bbc.co.uk/news