8:00pm tonight (Sunday, October 23rd), the Museum of the Weird is launching our newest weekly event: The Walking Dead Viewing Party!
Each week when there is a new episode of the AMC hit series, The Walking Dead, we will be screening it here at the Museum’s newest addition, the Weird Theater! The theater is located inside the Museum on the second floor*, and all screenings for The Walking Dead will be free with purchase of Museum admission (currently $5.00 per person). The Weird Theater is extremely small, and seating is limited to a maximum of 30 people, so show up early or purchase your tickets in advance in the store or on our website (CLICK HERE!).
We want everyone to come and join us for a good time! We are allowing this event to be a “BYOB” affair, so that adults will be able to enjoy the viewing experience while imbibing their favorite alcoholic beverage. That being said, we are laying down a few ground rules:
• Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the 8:00pm screening time to enjoy the Museum of the Weird and to ensure seating. Once the program begins at 8:00pm, so as not to disrupt the viewing experience we will not be allowing any more entrances into the theater. So please show up early!
• Anyone bringing in alcoholic beverages will be asked to show their proof of ID. Absolutely no sharing of alcoholic beverages with minors will be tolerated, and will result with the offending parties being ejected from the theater.
• No outside food or drink is allowed EXCEPT for alcoholic beverages in sealed personal containers, including bottled or canned beer, wine coolers, and malt and cider beverages. Non-alcoholic beverages and snacks are available for purchase in our gift shop, Lucky Lizard Curios & Gifts.
• Excessively loud and obnoxious guests will be asked to leave, and forfeit their admission without a refund.
• Anyone who arrives already visibly intoxicated will be denied admission into the Museum, period.
As long as everyone abides by these rules and respects each other’s viewing experience, we should all have a great time tonight, and if it’s successful we will host this every week! So we look forward to seeing everyone here at the Museum of the Weird tonight by 8pm, and remember to please show up early!
*NOTE: Second floor access is currently limited to use of the stairs, and there is no elevator for wheelchair access at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.